GRADE: 6th, 7th and 8th
Expanding Horizons is an after-school program at Bowditch and a school day program at Collins (takes place during the enrichment block time as part of the Extended Learning Time). Students who participate in the program engage in innovative curriculum designed to enlighten their minds in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math, with linkages to career and post-secondary options.
GRADE: 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th
The Teen Center at LEAP for Education is the perfect place for local high school students to:
- Participate in programs
- Go on field trips
- Meet new people
- Get homework help
- Have snacks
- Play games
- Explore interests
- Improve communication skills
- Prepare for a job and college
COLLEGE SUCCESS PROGRAM
GRADE: 11th, 12th and College
CITY: Salem and Peabody
The College Success Program provides low-income students in Salem and Peabody with high-quality, integrative, educational, and advisory services for college preparation, college admission, career exploration and college success. Students are recruited in 10th grade to start the program in 11th grade. Students must be on free or reduced lunch, interested in attending college and able to travel to our locations.
GRADE: 6th – 12th
LEAP for Education offers summer programs that combine learning with fun summer camp experiences:
- Healthy Harbors – Students in this program explore the Salem harbors and learn how to combat the many pollutants plaguing it.
- Zero Robotics – This program is a robotics programming competition for middle school students where the robots are miniature satellites (called SPHERES) inside the International Space Station.
- Salem ELL Academy – In this program ELL high school students’ developing English language skills research, identify, and work toward serving a need in the Salem community.