PROGRAM ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PART-TIME POSITION (20 HOURS PER WEEK, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE)
COVER LETTER AND RESUME NEEDED TO APPLY
LEAP’s Program Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support across all LEAP programs (middle school through post-secondary education). To do this job well, you will need a passion for working with students, families, and staff in support of LEAP’s mission. This includes building positive relationships in an inclusive and culturally accepting environment.
LEAP for Education (LEAP) is a non-profit organization that empowers underserved and first-generation-to-college students to succeed in education, career, and life. We do this by teaching students academic and life-skills needed to perform at higher levels in middle school and high school. Students also receive ongoing personalized support and community connections which helps them graduate from post-secondary education and create a future based on their strengths and interests.
Great reasons to work at LEAP:
- Flexible work environment and schedule.
- Work with a team of highly qualified, experienced and supportive professionals.
- Work at an organization highly regarded in the region.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, generous paid time off and 3 weeks of vacation to start.
- Feel good about the positive impact you are making on our youth and their families.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assuring the quality of data entered into our student information system (on a Salesforce platform). This will involve some data entry, report generation and auditing of data.
- Maintaining student education and career files (print and electronic).
- Make phone calls to students and parents for upcoming events or to track down missing data or forms.
- Arrange logistics for field trips and work with program heads, LEAP accounting staff and local transportation companies to arrange for student transport home.
- Placing supply orders following LEAP’s purchasing policies and coding invoices for correct department and program, working with accounting staff to assure each order is charged to the correct account.
- Respond to general mailbox messages to direct them to the correct LEAP staff person.
- Prepare a variety of materials from brief verbal or written instructions, such as mailings home, requisitions, purchase orders, or other documents.
- Looks for ways to make operations more efficient.
- Greet scheduled visitors and directs to appropriate area or person.
- Minimum of 1 year administrative experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- Prior experience with Salesforce or other similar database preferred but not required.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, reliable, responsible and friendly.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Other computer skills including Google Drive, PowerPoint, Gmail helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in education or social services setting preferred.
In the provision of our services, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or gender identity, age, religion, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, public assistance, veteran history/military status, genetic information or disability. LEAP’s programs are funded in part with funds from the City of Salem Department of Planning and Community Development, City of Peabody Department of Planning and Community Development, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.