LEAP for Education delivers a portfolio of innovative, academic, career and college success programs for middle school, high school and college students.
GRADE: 6th, 7th and 8th
Expanding Horizons is an after-school program at Bowditch and a school day program at Collins (takes place during the enrichment block time as part of the Extended Learning Time). Students who participate in the program engage in innovative curriculum designed to enlighten their minds in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math, with linkages to career and post-secondary options.
GRADE: 6th, 7th and 8th
At O’Maley Academy, students enjoy digging deeper into personal interests, thinking critically, improving their communication and leadership skills with peers and adults, and having fun.
Free Summer Programs
GRADE: 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th
LEAP for Education offers summer programs that combine learning with fun summer camp experiences as a continuation of the school year program Expanding Horizons:
- Healthy Harbors – Students in this program explore the diversity of marine life, from plankton to whales, and learn how some of these species are being threatened to extinction.
- Healthy Harbors II – Students in this program explore the environmental issues and concerns plaguing the Salem neighborhoods and the marine life in the harbor.
- Zero Robotics – This program is a robotics programming competition for middle school students where the robots are miniature satellites (called SPHERES) inside the International Space Station.
GRADE: 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th
The Teen Center at LEAP for Education is the perfect place for local high school students to:
- Participate in programs
- Go on field trips
- Meet new people
- Get homework help
- Have snacks
- Play games
- Explore interests
- Improve communication skills
- Prepare for a job and college
College Succes Program (High School Component)
GRADE: 11th and 12th
CITY: Salem and Peabody
The College Success Program provides low-income students in Salem and Peabody with high-quality, integrative, educational, and advisory services for college preparation, college admission, career exploration and college success. Students are recruited in 10th grade to start the program in 11th grade. Students must be on free or reduced lunch, interested in attending college and able to travel to our locations.
Summer Internship Program
College Succes Program (College Component)
All of our students are followed through college to ensure successful graduation. The services we provide to our college students include, but are not limited to:
- Course advising
- Identifying academic, health and/or financial services as needed
- Encouragement and guidance to study abroad
- Assistance in finding internships in a related field
- Assisting in transfers
- Career advising