Home → Services
LEAP for Education delivers a portfolio of innovative, academic, career and college success programs for middle school, high school and college students.
LEAP Programs Now Enrolling
|PROGRAM||CITY||GRADE||TYPE OF PROGRAM||REGISTER/LEARN MORE|
|Expanding Horizons||Salem||6-8||Summer||REGISTER||More →|
|Dream MORE||Lynn||6-8||Summer||REGISTER||More →|
|Summer Transition Program||Salem||Rising 9th graders||Summer||REGISTER||More →|
|Summer Work Program||Salem, Peabody & Gloucester||9-12||Summer||REGISTER
(Salem & Peabody)
|Teen Center||Salem||9-12||Afterschool||REGISTER||More →|
|College Success Program||Salem & Peabody||11-12||Afterschool||REGISTER||More →|
|Not sure what program is best for you?
Complete this Interest Form and our staff will contact you.
GRADE: 6th, 7th and 8th
Expanding Horizons provides free remote learning support, after-school, and summer programs to middle school students in Salem. The programs offer innovative curriculum designed to enlighten the students minds in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math with linkages to career and post-secondary options. Learn more →
Expanding Horizons after-school program is offered at Collins Middle School and is run under a federal 21st Century Community Learning Center awarded to the Salem Public Schools. Salem Public Schools contracts with LEAP to run these programs. Over 60 students participate in the program each year. This program is in its 6th year of operation and is considered a Promising Practice site.
GRADE: 6th, 7th, and 8th
Lynn Public Schools and LEAP are partnering to implement a free after-school and summer program at Thurgood Marshall Middle School (TMMS) called Dream MORE (Marshall Opportunities for Resilience and Education) for Lynn students in grades 6 – 8. Learn more →
This program was made possible through a Wellington Catalyst gift awarded to LEAP for Education in December, 2019. The program will initially be funded through the Catalyst gift and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Access to Quality Afterschool and Summer grant funding.
GRADE: 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th
The Teen Center offers afterschool programs for local teens including free academic support, academic enrichment, and civic and community engagement in a supportive environment. The Teen Center at LEAP for Education is the perfect place for local high school students to:
- Participate in academic enrichment programs – approximately 15 enrichment programs run each year based on student interest. Examples include cooking, sewing, STEM and art programs.
- Go on field trips to local colleges and businesses
- Participate in cultural exploration such as the Peabody Essex Museum and the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Make important social connections with community officials, professionals and business leaders.
- Get homework help and tutoring
- Enjoy free snacks each afternoon
- Play strategic board games
- Explore interests through service learning, community service, civic engagement and internships
- Improve communication skills
- Prepare for a job and college
- For our newcomers, improve your English skills
College Success Program (High School Component)
GRADE: 11th and 12th
CITY: Salem and Peabody
The College Success Program provides students with high-quality, educational, and advisory services for career exploration, college preparation, college admission, and college advising. We do high-touch advising, supporting, mentoring, and guiding of students in Salem & Peabody from 11th grade until college graduation. We begin recruiting towards the end of 10th grade to start the program in the Fall of 11th grade (there are limited spots to join our program as a 12th grader).
- LEAP works with Salem students to attend the Salem State University Early College Program and the Yleana Summer SAT Academy.
- Students must be on free or reduced lunch and/or first generation in their family to attend college in the U.S., and be interested in attending college or obtaining a professional license or certificate.
- Our program is open to all students from Salem High School, Salem Academy Charter School or Peabody Veterans Memorial High School (or any other student who is able to travel to our Salem office or PVMHS).
- Our trained and experienced college advisors will provide the assistance needed for a successful college graduation!
Summer Work Program
GRADE: 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th
CITY: Salem, Peabody, and Gloucester
Students work with LEAP’s Career Coordinator during the spring to be matched with a company where they gain important workplace skills as they start to build a solid resume for college and future endeavors. One day per week, interns meet at LEAP’s facility to learn important job search and job readiness skills, learning from Human Resource professionals from around the North Shore.
College Success Program (College Component)
GRADE: College (for students who graduated from the high school program)
CITY: Salem and Peabody
We advise, support, mentor, guide, all of our students through college to ensure successful graduation. If you are a current college student in need of any kind of assistance please contact us. The services we provide to our college students include, but are not limited to:
- Course advising
- Resolving academic, health and/or financial services as needed
- Encouragement and guidance to study abroad
- Assistance in finding internships in a related field
- Help with transfer process if needed
- Career and graduate school advising