The Teen Center is a drop-in program for Salem teens offering free, academic support, academic enrichment, civic and community engagement in an after school supportive environment. Teen Center programs allow students voice in the creation of activities that help them perform better at school and become more engaged learners, engaged community members and critical thinkers.
Students attending the Teen Center at LEAP for Education in Salem participate in guided activities, go on local field trips, meet other youth, get homework help and tutoring, explore their interests, improve their communication skills, and prepare for a job and college. The program is open four afternoons per week Monday – Thursday to all Salem teens in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 regardless of which school they attend. Transportation is not provided to and from the program, but can be arranged as needed. Free food for our hungry teens is provided daily!
YEAR LONG ACTIVITIES
- BROTHERS FOR SUCCESS – An after-school peer-mentoring club for young males of color.
- CAREER CONNECTIONS – A continuum of career services from middle school through college.
- ELL SREET – An after-school service learning project for ESL (English Language Learner) teens.
- SISTERS FOR SUCCESS – An after-school peer-mentoring club for young women.
- STEM PROGRAMS – A diverse selection of hands-on STEM clubs for teens.
- THE 84 – An after-school, peer-to-peer, citizen advocacy movement of youth fighting tobacco industries in MA.
- YOUTH VENTURES – An after-school youth entrepreneurship club for teens.
SESSION LONG ACTIVITIES
The year is divided into 5 sessions and there are activities that change with each session. A past sampling of activities includes computer coding, fashion design, food science, social justice, neuroscience, poetry slam, creative writing, graphic design and more! Call for the latest information or check out the Calendar.